Sunday, July 25, 2010

PARKINSON'S 12 WEEK TRAINING SUCCESS STORY


This young woman contacted us for a core training routine after she had been told by her Doctors and Neurologist that if she did not start strength training, she would be in a wheel chair or walking with a walker in 6 months. Below is her video story as documented by her team of Doctors using the UPDRS Parkinson's test. She is now back out golfing! She is a champion and an inspiration to us all!


PLEASE, Help us find researchers interested in "Gait and Balance Studies."  Contact information is below to confirm what you see here.




LeeAnn L.:  Age 42

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2000 at the age of 36



For 5 years I have had lower back pain, neck pain and severe headaches. My Doctor increased my med's but that did not help. I was going to physical therapy for 5 years 2 times a week but I was still getting worse, my pain my walking my muscles and my posture was getting weaker. When I had my 6 month check-up with my Neurologist, he said in 6 months to a year I will need a walker or wheelchair. I left there thinking about what we talked about and decided I'm not going to let PD take over me. I did some research to see if there is an exercise I can do to help me with my pain, posture and get my legs stronger. I found an exercise called the Ab-Inforcer and I contacted the inventor by e-mail. I asked her if the Ab-Inforcer has ever been used by someone with PD. She said no but after telling her a little about PD and what I was looking for in an exercise, she was willing to give it a try with me. Here is someone who did not know me and took time from her busy schedule to try to help me.

Two months after Lee started training me my back pain was gone and so were my headaches. I am able to play golf again with no pain, my posture is better and my legs are alot stronger and I have alot more energy, I was also able to lower my meds. I feel like a new person.

I went back to my Doctor 3 months later and he could not believe how good I was doing. My walking got faster and for the first time I was able to stand up with my hands across my chest from a sitting position- a task that I could never do before. He told me to keep working with Lee and said her training me has definitely helped me.

I am dealing with a disease that was taking my mobility away at a young age, because of Lee Brandon and her training expertise she has definitely made a difference in my life, she has given me my quality of life back. What Lee Brandon did for me in 3 months, Physical Therapy could not do in 5 years.

There are no words to explain how thankful I am for all her help her encouragement and support and because of that I am able to stay positive and get stronger.


Staying Strong,

LeeAnn L.

www.StayingStrong64@hotmail.com



No comments: