Thursday, April 26, 2012

World's Oldest Man Turns 115: Shares 2 Longevity Secrets




Over the past 30 years in the fitness industry, I have had everyone I work with eventually ask me to share my nutritional and longevity secrets.  There are people who pay a lot of money for the secrets to longevity (more than a few of them reside in Hollywood, no doubt); it is merely a dream for most of us to live past seventy and still have our wits about us.




 Jiroemon Kimura (featured on Reuters video here), a farmer from Kyoto, says the secret is simple: eat small portions. Perhaps there’s something to that, since Kimura just turned 115 years old yesterday.

Kimura credits his eating habits as a contributing factor to reaching such a milestone birthday, and scientists do believe that certain foods–and the way we eat them–can help us prolong life by keeping us disease-free and restoring our anti-oxidant level. According to Diseaseproof.com, the seven best foods for ensuring a long life are black raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, flax Seeds, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, and broccoli sprouts. The list of foods to stay away from includes butter, french fries, doughnuts, and sausage.

Kimura is not only the oldest living person in the world, he’s also been verified as the third-oldest in history. When he received the news, he said he was “delighted beyond words“.

He also added, when asked about the reason for his extraordinarily long life, “I don’t know exactly…maybe it’s all thanks to the sun above me. I am always looking up towards the sky, that is how I am.”

No comments: