Saturday, July 28, 2012

DAY 1: Lunch Inside the Olympic Village with the Royal Family






Day One inside the Olympic Village:
My "tube" commute is 1 hour to the venue.




The crowds were astounding.




Westfield Olympic Mall is immense, gorgeous and immense!




Holding "THE" Olympic torch was a thrill I cannot describe in words.



Upon entry into the venue, you see hundreds of flags hanging from the porches of their accommodations inside this gorgeous village.




Standing under the Olympic rings with Markus Rogan (Austrian, 2 time Silver medalist, 4 time Olympian) was a dream come true for me.




I feel like the Athletic United Nations. :) Me with my boys: Ricky Berens (USA), ?, Markus Rogan (Austria), Omar Pinzon (Colombia), Hiro (Colombia).




Queen Elizabeth joined the athletes and staff inside the village for lunch: follow the blue hat and outfit getting into her Rolls with Prince Albert just behind. Sebastian Coe ( Olympian and coordinator of the entire London Olympics) just behind him. Below it shows her getting into the car! Awesome!












Princess Anne (Queen Elizabeths daughter), joined us for lunch in the cue (only joking...she didn't have to stand in line).








In the weight room:




In the Olympic village weight room, we lifted, we stretched, turned on our core (using the Ab-Inforcer: our lights were on), fine tuned and balanced out the athletes in preparation for the event of their lives.




Omar Pinzon races tomorrow, look for him in the finals of the 100m Backstroke.




Markus Rogan races August 1st and 2nd in the 200m IM. Look for me on TV both days. I will be the tall blonde wearing red screaming:)








All systems are a GO. WE ARE READY TO RUMBLE!
No trip would be complete without getting arrested: these two nice Bobbies(police officers), I asked for directions gave me more than I asked for:). Boy, they are tough here in England!




This was a magical day. So much for Jet lag :)
Keep following me here and I will post pictures from behind the scenes inside the Olympic Village.
In Strength and Love, Dreams do come true. Never give up...never!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lee,
You go girl! I am following your every step!! :)

Debbie