Sunday, June 30, 2013

Longer Drives! "Blonde Bomber Returns"

Snapshots documenting my first drives in 4 years!

Carol Davis (left) and I at PGA demo day Jan. 2013

Scott McKern(Marketing director for Nike Golf) and  I

The "great" Tom Stites (Ben Hogan's club designer and engineer)
With my sights set on dedicating myself to my Olympians and preparation for London Olympics last August, I had to dedicate myself to that great opportunity!

In January 2013, I had the blessing of being invited to present at the PGA Golf Show in Orlando, Florida.
Golf is such a humbling sport...It's certainly not like riding a bike!  I felt like I was starting all over again after 4 years of not hitting.
I have been blessed to be the Two-Time World Long Drive Champion, and finally decided that I love this sport soooo much that I am tossing my hat back into the arena this year in support of this great power sport!
I will be documenting my humbling process here as I reinvent my swing over "50"!  Avoiding injury is my priority as I strive for a better impact position and speed.  Stay tuned...the jury is out!

Mark your schedules for the World Championships September 18th, 2013 in Mesquite Nevada.

The great Vice "the Pasta-Guy" and I discussing my new swing changes

My "impact position" today

My swing speeds around 115...now just have to hit it flush
Wednesday, September 18
Legends Division                                             9:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Grand Champions Division                               12:30 PM - 3:15 PM
Ladies Division                                                4:00 PM - 5:15 PM

Thursday, September 19
Senior Division                                                9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
Masters Division                                              4:00 PM - 5:15 PM

Friday, September 20
Super Senior Division                                      9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Senior Division: Round 8 - 10                           3:30 PM - 4:00 PM

Saturday, September 21
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Masters Division Semifinal & Final
Legends Division Semifinal & Final
Women's Division Semifinal & Final
Grand Champions Division Semifinal & Final
Super Senior Division Semifinal & Final
Senior Division Quarterfinal, Semifinal & Final




No comments: